I once posted about making Duct Tape Wallets, but the pictures didn’t get posted, so I need to update it. At one point in this project you will need to make a small duct tape sheet. I’ll try to verbally guide you through it.
Anyway, my love of stationary items and dollar stores has collided to make a small, easy to carry date book / notebook.
You Will Need:
* small date book
* small notebook, as close to the same size as the date book as you can manage
* duct tape
* scissors (for duct tape)
* markers for decorating
1. Take your date book, notebook and duct tape.
2. Wrap a piece of duct tape around you fingers, sticky side out to make a loop. This will be used to hold the two books together.
3. Use the duct tape to cover both the date book and the notebook together. Trim to fit.
4. At this point, you will need to make a small sheet of duct tape. Using 3 pieces slightly longer than you will need, place one sticky side up and place the second halfway across. Place the third piece next to the first, sticky side up, and you will have a small “sheet”. Place one half of the sticky half on the inside of the date book flap (unless your notebook is smaller, then reverse), and the other sticky half on the outside of the date book. Now you have a loop to place a pen into. Trim to fit.
5. Using your markers, write whatever you wish on the cover(s). Be sure to include an email address on the inside of both books in case you lose them.
Date book: $1.49
Notebook: 2/$1.49 = $0.745
Duct tape: $1/roll; less than half used = $0.50
Pen (4 color plus mechanical pencil): $1.49
If you have any questions, please ask.
I will be updating my Duct Tape Wallet post soon.
If you have anything duct tape related that you would like instructions for, please let me know. I am working on my phone so photos don’t always post, but hopefully I will have a laptop soon.
Happy Samhain (“sow-een”), which is the Wiccan New Year.
A.k.a., D. K. Stevens